Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX) prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in any federally funded education program or activity. Sexual harassment, which includes sexual violence, is a form of sex discrimination. Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi (TAMUCC) is committed to providing an environment free from discrimination, including discrimination based upon sex. TAMUCC provides resources to students, faculty, and staff to address concerns related to sexual harassment, sexual assault (rape), sexual misconduct, sex discrimination and has appointed Mr. Samuel Ramirez as its Title IX Coordinator. As Title IX Coordinator, his office has the following responsibilities:
- Oversee overall Title IX compliance,
- Ensure prompt and equitable resolutions,
- Establish a centralized reporting process for all sexual harassment/misconduct allegations on campus
- Conduct on-going and annual climate checks/tracking/monitoring of sexual harassment/misconduct allegations on campus, and
- Coordinate all training, education and prevention efforts.
You may see the Title IX student video here: http://edcs.tamucc.edu/TitleIX.html